Monday, March 11, 2013

10 Questions Round # 4

Andrew Hilbert

1. Where do you live, city & country or state? Austin, TX

2. From your country what is the most unusual food you like, that most foreigners would hate? I heard Peanut Butter is a rarity around the world and even in the States, Peanut Butter & Pickle sandwiches are looked to with disgust but I love them.

3. If you had to live in any country besides yours, what would be your favorite & least favorite, in that order? I don't know that I could pick a favorite country to live in. I'd love to visit some countries for extended periods but I feel fine at home. For the sake of the question: the UK, France, or Germany would top the list of countries I could live in. I would fucking hate to live in North Korea.

4. If you were stranded naked on a deserted island & were allowed one thing, what would it be? (no transportation allowed) A hammock.

5. If you could only choose one book as your favorite, what would it be? Journey to the End of Night by Celine. I don't know that I've read a better novel since reading that one.

6. If you could have a conversation with anyone, dead & alive, who would it be, in that order? The previous tenant of my apartment. The tow truck company owner that prowls my apartment complex.

7. If you could have sex with anyone, dead & alive, who would it be, in that order? No answer.

8. What is your favorite movie & television show, in that order? The Big Lebowski. The Wire.

9. If you could only have one super power, what would it be? Future vision.

10. If you found a magic lamp & got three wishes, what would they be? My answer comes from a joke I heard from a Townes Van Zandt album, cut and pasted from this website: Gallagher is out for a walk when he spots a leprechaun. He lunges and catches the wee one by the foot and holds on. The leprechaun, furious, yells, "Let me go." Gallagher says, "OK, but what about my three wishes." The leprechaun agrees but tells him to hurry up. Gallagher's first wish is for a pint of Guiness that never empties. Poof. A pint appears. Gallagher takes a big gulp, examines the pint, and it's still full. In disbelief, he downs the whole pint after which the it is still full. Meanwhile the leprechaun is screaming at him to let him go. Gallagher says, "What about my other two wishes." The leprechaun angrily replies, "Be quick. What are your other two wishes." Gallagher says, "I'll have two more of these."

 

Moriah LaChapell

 

1. Where do you live, city & country or state?

McMinnville, Oregon

2. From your country what is the most unusual food you like, that most foreigners would hate?

Oregon Coast Oysters

3. If you had to live in any country besides yours, what would be your favorite & least favorite, in that order?

I'd give New Zealand a whirl, least would be Sweden.

4. If you were stranded naked on a deserted island & were allowed one thing, what would it be? (no transportation allowed)

My house with my family in it. hardeeharhar

5. If you could only choose one book as your favorite, what would it be?

The River Why David James Duncan

6. If you could have a conversation with anyone, dead & alive, who would it be, in that order?

My Mother (yes, I'm maudlin) Gillian Welch or Tori Amos (sorry had to list 2)

7. If you could have sex with anyone, dead & alive, who would it be, in that order?

W.B. Yeats, but he'd probably be pining over Maude Gonne and maybe my husband would forgive me if it was Leonard Cohen.

8. What is your favorite movie & television show, in that order?

Vanya on 42nd Street & I'm embarrassed to admit Celebrity Ghost Stories

9. If you could only have one super power, what would it be?

Omniscience, but it'd be lonely.

10. If you found a magic lamp & got three wishes, what would they be?

For my daughter to never know suffering.

To live a complete life.

Money, why the fuck not?

No comments:

Post a Comment