Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Making it up

Subhankar Das

Poet,Producer,Publisher of Bangla experimental stuff.Produced 6 short films with more than 16 international film festival fame and appreciation.Has 16 published books of Bangla and English poetry.Translator Of Allen Ginsberg’s poems and Charles Bukowski’s poems in Bangla.Book Store owner. Associated with Graffiti Kolkata. Planning a new joint chap book of poetry with Catfish Mcdaris.

 Making it up
 

I was trying to make this poem

playing with a page of words

and laughed to find this tough dic

wetting his toilet seat while peeing.

Though he aimed it all right

but failed as we all do.

 

At least he followed the norms

mopping it up with a piece of toilet paper.

I seldom do so,

either it dries up by itself

or else I curse myself while crapping.

 

I only clean my toilet once a week

the day my girl friend visits me

for that weekly fuck. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment