Monday, December 30, 2013

INTERVIEW: JEREMIAH WALTON


Name?
Jeremiah Walton
Age?
18
Location?
Cross country travels
How long have you been writing?
Writing in general, for as long as I can remember.  Throwing all my cards into poetry didn’t begin until my Sophomore year. 
Do you have a specific writing style?
I am currently beating away the “I want to be Ginsberg” writing attitude.  
Do you write full time?
Yes
What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment as a writer?
Sparking up interest from others in the creative arts. 
What is your ultimate goal as a writer?
To broaden the poetic community as a whole, and promote creating for Self.
What is your greatest challenge as a writer?
I want to say finances, but innovation is probably more so.  Something new needs to be brought to the table, I just haven’t honed in on what yet.  
What projects of yours have been recently published?
Smile W/ Sparks (of a shotgun shot) came out in August from W.I.S.H. Publishing.  I did a collaboration of art and poetry called I’m Bringing Heaven With Me On My Way To Hell with Heaven Leigh, an artist I met traveling, again, published through W.I.S.H. Publishing.    
Witch-hunting Gatsby’s Children (UndergroundBooks) and LSD Gigggles & Other Poems (Cydonia Group Press) will be coming out in early 2014.  I’m currently putting together a collection of poems by the recently passed The Plastic Clown, and a book by Felino A. Soriano of Counterexample Poetics.
Where can we find your work?
Gatsby’s Abandoned Children is my personal blog.  Most of my books can be read free there, opinions are welcome.    
How often do you write?
I always have something on me to record an idea, whether it’s a phone, iPod, or pencil and notepad.  I don’t usually sit down to force myself to write poetry.  When it comes to fiction or blog articles, I force.  Otherwise, poems just happen.  
How do you re-act to rejections?
“It happens.”  
How do you react to acceptance?
“YES!”
What is your best piece of advice for staying sane as a writer?
If you’re staying sane, you’re doing, what is impossible to do wrong, wrong.
Favorite book?
I can’t say I have one favorite book, but my favorite writer is Lawrence Ferlinghetti, but it’s not just for his writing.  He’s contributed many opportunities for other writers and creative artists, and that is invaluable.
  Favorite author?
I would like to have a chat with the rabbits in Watership Down.  They’d have an interesting perspective to peek into.  
What is the greatest occupational hazard for a writer?
Writing
Favorite word?
Serendipity 
What makes you laugh?
People
What makes you cry?
People
What is your preferred drink when you're writing?
Coffee
Mountains or beach?
Mountains
Cats or dogs?
Dogs
The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
Ramshackle Glory and all of Pat the Bunny’s music projects
Jimi Hendrix or Frank Sinatra?  
The Taxpayers, A Silver Mt. Zion, Bliss N’ Eso, Hilltop Hoods, Nas, Rail Yard Ghosts, I like a lot of different music.  I really am not a fan of Jimi or Sinatra though.  
(Sorry, I don't listen to The Beatles, Stones, Jimi, or Frank, and don't know their music well.)
Shakespeare or Bukowski?
Bukowski.  
Please provide as much or as little of the following information as you’d like.
Facebook profile or page:  www.facebook.com/GatsbysAbandonedChildren  
Other page(s) or profile(s):
http://jeremiahwaltonnostroviapoetry.wordpress.com/poetry-chapbooks-jeremiah-walton/

No comments:

Post a Comment