Friday, December 27, 2013

INTERVIEW: TIM MURRAY


Name?
Tim Murray

Age?
I turn 37 on March 11, 2014.

Location?
Northwest Indiana  U.S.A.

How long have you been writing?
Started writing short stories in grade school. Wrote awful depresso poetry as a teen. It took me years to get comfortable with my voice. Finally started submitting poetry to print and online journals around 2005.

Do you have a specific writing style?
My grandma's dentures are haunted.

Do you write as a career?
Boiled shoe.

Do you write full-time?
I think about writing several times throughout the day.

What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment as a writer?
I've met a lot of good people in the writing game.

What is your ultimate goal as a writer?
Just to keep plugging along through the ups and downs.

What is your greatest challenge as a writer?
Trying to stay positive.

What projects of yours have recently been published?
A chapbook entitled Dinosaur Ditch was published by Citizens for Decent Literature Press in '12.

What are you currently working on and what inspired this work?
I am currently working on a book length collection of poetry. I'm inspired by the words flowing out of the kitchen sink.

Where can we find your work?
My poetry is wildly popular in Malaysia.

How often do you write?
Daily.

How do you react to rejections?
They are a necessary part of the system.

How do you react when one of your submissions is accepted for publication?
I immediately pay cash for a new house.

What is your best piece of advice on how to stay sane as a writer?
Sane is boring. Have fun. Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself. Stop being so freaking serious. Never listen to me.

What is your favorite book?
Depends on my mood.

Who is your favorite author?
Pat Robertson

If you could have dinner with one fictional character, who would it be and why?
Boss Hogg.

What is the greatest occupational hazard for a writer?
Poverty and all of the wonderful fringe benefits that go along with it.

What is your favorite word?
Narcolepsy.

What makes you laugh?
I hate laughter.

What makes you cry?
The changing seasons.

What is your preferred drink while you write?
I pee in my mouth if I get thirsty while writing.

Beach or mountains?
Bedroom.

Cats or dogs?
Neither.

The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
Roger Alan Wade.

Jimi Hendrix or Frank Sinatra?
The Osmonds.

Shakespeare or Bukowski?
Barf.


Personal website/blog:
(a little outdated, but lotsa links to my work)

Other pages:


1 comment: