Friday, January 3, 2014

INTERVIEW: ROBERT M. ZOSCHKE


Name?  Robert M. Zoschke

      Age?   48

      Location?  Sister Bay, Wisconsin

      How long have you been writing?  Have been writing since I was a kid.

      Do you have a specific writing style?  For prose I can't say I have a particular writing    style.  For poetry, I do pay attention rather early on in developing a poem as to how many lines per    stanza looks right for the piece at hand.

      Do you write as a career?  After I left the "corporate world" and before my twin daughters came along, I devoted my life full-time to writing and the pursuit of NYC Publishing Mafia hardcover publication. 

What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment as a writer? My greatest accomplishment as a writer would have to be my number-one bestselling book in Door County, WI where I live, a book called Door County Blues that came out in 2008.

      What is your ultimate goal as a writer?  At this time in my life my goal as a writer is to get published in The Paris Review.

      What is your greatest challenge as a writer?  My greatest challenge is whether I want to carve out available sections of my life and devote that bit of time that is mine to nothing but another novel that most likely would
remain unpublished.

      What projects of yours have been recently published?  My recent project is The Lowdown literary arts annual that I produce, edit and write for.  The 2013 issue was a hit, and I'll soon be majorly focusing on the 2014 issue.

      What are you currently working on and what inspired this work? What inspired me to go through with The Lowdown was enough time spent in the "small press" and enough appearances in publications where economics dictated not much money into production quality.  I wanted to create something that blew people away with the writing and art and the production quality.  

      Where can we find your work? People can find The Lowdown for $24.00 including postage to Robert M. Zoschke, Box 38, Ellison Bay, WI  54210

      What is your favorite book? My favorite book published in the past year was Dennis Hopper On The Road, brilliantly done by the Picasso Museum in Spain.  

      Who is your favorite author? Kerouac and Ferlinghetti

       If you could have dinner with one fictional character, who would it be and why?  If I could have dinner with one fictional character it would be Lorenzo in Kerouac's Big Sur.

      What is the greatest occupational hazard for a writer? The greatest occupational hazard for a writer is starvation and the shut-off of utilities that can't get paid.
      What is your preferred drink while you write? My preferred drink is continual cups of hot tea, green then black green then black onward.

       Beach or Mountains?   I'll take Miami Beach and The San Gabriel Mountains east of L.A.

 Cats or Dogs?  Dogs all the way.

The Beatles or The Rolling Stones? Rolling Stones over the Beatles any day.

       Jimi Hendrix or Frank Sinatra? Sinatra over Hendrix, but it would underscore why Hendrix embalmed himself, life was always a choice against him.

       Shakespeare or Bukowski? Bukowski over Shakespeare from here to eternity and then some.


No comments:

Post a Comment